Tips in the event of an Auto Accident
- Stop immediately, but do not block traffic.
- Get help for the injured. Have somebody call police (repeat after 5 minutes).
- Obtain names, phone numbers, addresses of drivers, witnesses and injured.
- Secure make, model, license numbers of all cars involved.
- Draw a sketch showing location of vehicles and other details.
- Don't accept claim settlement at the scene of the accident. Do not admit fault for the accident.
- Stay calm, polite and consistent while stating your version of the accident.
- Contact your insurance carrier as soon as possible.
If you just experienced a property damage claim (Fire, Water, Wind, Hail, etc.) please follow the helpful tips below which will guide you through the process.
- Notify you insurance company
- Describe the damage and the cause but stick to the facts
- Get the claim number, contact name and phone number for your adjuster
- Secure the property and prevent additional damage
- If needed find temporary housing to live in
- Make a detailed inventory of damaged property
- Take pictures of the damage as soon as possible
- Document Everything
- Detailed notes of any conversation and documentation received or sent to the company
- Begin repairs until approved by the insurance company
- Unless repairs are required to prevent any further damage to the property
- Throw anything away
- Assume you have to use the insurance company's vendors
- Respond by repairing or replacing the property
- Allow your settlement to be paid to other parties